Fishing For Heroes Fundraising Event - 8th June
Broad Oak Trout Lakes is a lovely, peaceful place to fish with great views to the Malvern Hills. The fishery is well run and a tackle shop is available for your on the spot needs of the day. Details of our chosen venue for the day can be found at www.broadoaktroutlakes.co.uk
Broad Oak Trout Lakes, Gilvers Lane, Hanley Castle, Worcestershire WR8 0AT
8.30am – 9am – Arrival, meet and greet and a BBQ breakfast!
9.am – outline of the day, fishery rules etc
9.15am – 12.30pm – Session 1 (novices will receive tuition before starting on the lake)
12.30pm – 1.30pm – Lunch
1.30pm – Fly tying demo (optional, if you would prefer to fish then that’s fine!)
2.pm – 4.30pm - Session 2
4.30pm – Weigh in and award of trophies! There will be one for the largest fish of the day and one for the greatest bag weight (4 fish max).
Afterwards at a local pub for those who would like a final chill down!
- The purpose of the day is to have some fun whilst raising funds for ‘Fishing for Heroes’. It is non-profit making for the organisers and all raised funds after venue expenses are met will be paid to the charity.
- The cost of the ticket will entitle you to a 4 fish ticket. The standard rules of the fishery apply and all fish must be removed. If you wish to continue fishing beyond the ticket limit you will be welcome to do so but will need to purchase a further ticket from the fishery owner.
- ‘Fishing for Heroes’ and the organisers will not accept responsibility or liability for any accident, damage or injury howsoever caused during the event. You will need to complete and sign the following disclaimer and return it to us.
- A valid Environment Agency rod licence is required on the day. We will not need to see this but an EA bailiff could easily attend and check licences and the fines are steep. Rod licences for trout fishing are readily purchased online. A day licence costs just £3.75 www.environment-agency.gov.uk
- There are likely to be a small number of novice anglers taking part in the event. They will receive some tuition at the start of the day. It would be great if the more experienced anglers could ‘adopt a novice’ during the day and help them out!
- How about bringing a fishing friend too? Please pass these details to them.
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements. You are more than welcome to bring additional food or drink. Tea and coffee is provided free of charge through the day.